February 6, 2009

Italy is so relaxed. "Riposa" is every day from one to three thirty, everything closes and everyone goes home for lunch and a nap. There is so much more time to breathe here. For the first time since high school I am not working, I don't have a car to take care of or bills to pay every month (thanks mom and dad), I have so much less on my plate and it is such a relief.
Our classes are one to two weeks at a time and only one at a time, so we study only one subject at a time rather than four or five, aside from Italian which is throughout the entire semester. It gives us a lot of space to process and discuss the subject matter.
Tomorrow we go to Venice! It's supposed to rain, which is a downer, but at the same time no one will be out, Italians think that rain and cold weather mean sickness, so they stay indoors. It should be amazing and I will take lots of pictures. Miss you all!

2 comments: